The Great Outdoors Gift Box
The perfect gift for the adventurous type who loves to explore nature and the wild along with a cheeky tipple!
- Award winning Bertha’s Revenge sloe gin 50cl (distilled at Ballyvolane House)
- Opinel 8.5cm pocket knife
- Stanley hipflask
- “Wild Food” Foraging Book by Biddy White Lennon and Evan Doyle
- Mini Herd immunity Bertha’s sanitiser (50ml)
- Handwritten Personalised Message
Award Winning Bertha’s Revenge Sloe Gin 50cl
Distilled at Ballyvolane House, Bertha’s Revenge Gin is an award winning Irish boutique gin with a difference.
Bertha’s Revenge Gin uses whey alcohol as a base spirit to make a truly unique premium quality Irish gin (most spirits are made using barley or wheat grain spirit).
Distilled by hand with 18 different botanicals (locally foraged and grown where possible) and our own pure natural Irish spring water to produce Bertha’s Revenge gin. Bertha’s Revenge is the first artisan distillery to produce small batch milk gin from whey alcohol.
Nose – Jaunty juniper leads, followed quickly by the spicy and warming notes of cardamon, cumin and sweet citrus. The complexity of Bertha is evident and enthralling. She demands to be tasted.
Palate – our whey alcohol base comes to the fore on the palate. Like a conductor of an orchestra, she holds and releases the different notes to maximum effect. Effortlessly smooth from the start, sweet orange, coriander and peppery Alexanders are joined in a warming motherly caress of cumin, clove and cardamon. The generous nature of the spirit washes over the palate, finishing in a gentle spice-tinted heat that delivers a considered murmur of approval from your taste buds.
Stanley Green Hipflask
This classic hip flask is from the quality brand Stanley. Put your favourite drink (Bertha’s Revenge!) in this flask and reward yourself after a long trip. This bottle is very compact, making it easy to take along with you in your bag.
- 18/8 stainless steel – it wont rust and naturally BPA free
- Wide mouth for easy filling and drinking!
- Intergrated lanyard – you won’t ever lose the cap
- Completely leak proof and full packable
“Wild Food” Foraging Book by Biddy White Lennon and Evan Doyle
This Wild Food book reveals the secrets of how to identify, pick, preserve and cook the wild foods that grow in our hedgerows, woodlands, hillsides or seashore in Ireland.
Foraging through the seasons: nettle, wild garlic, dillisk, carrageen, sea beet, samphire, sorrel, elderflower, hawthorn, sea lettuce, wild strawberries, bilberries, chanterelle, field mushrooms, blackberries, cep, damson, rowanberries, crab apple, herbs, elderberry, rose hips, hazelnut and sloe.
Also included are 60 delicious recipes.
Opinel 8.5cm Pocket Knife
This unique and versitile pocket knife by French company, Opinel, have been making pocket knives since 1955.
- Made with carbon steel guaranteeing excellent cutting quality
- Good wear resistance and easy regrinding
- Beech handle which is hard, durable and easy to work
- Unique safety ring fitted. The Virobloc has 2 sections, 1 fixed and 1 sliding in order to lock blade either open or closed.
Mini Herd Immunity Bertha’s Sanitiser (50ml)
Working to World Health Organisation (WHO) recommended guidelines, Bertha’s Revenge Distillery have created a liquid sanitiser that at 80% ABV is fully effective, and also smells rather good having a small percentage of gin as a constituent ingredient!